With summer client travel in full swing and a weekend where airlines played fun and games with travelers again, we have been working very hard to keep everything on course, with success so far. Sometimes this means tag teaming with our clients to get what we need from the airlines, and we do our utmost to get the best result possible with rebookings. We even had an almost unprecedented instance of American Airlines reopening the cabin door after boarding had closed to get our clients on their way to Barcelona, rather than what was looking like a 24 hour delay.
But let's move on to this weeks Top 5. We do focus here at J5Travel on individualized itineraries the world over, but sometimes a small group tour can be an even better option. I'm featuring our supplier Backroads this week, who curate higher end small group tours for like-minded active adventure travelers to 55 different countries the world over. Usually these trips are on the roads less traveled, so perfect for summer travel away from the usual crowds. We have had nothing but lavish praise from every one of our clients who have traveled with Backroads.
Here's a Backroads Top 5.
Top 5 - Backroads Small Group Tours
1. Finland Northern Lights Walking & Hiking Tour (above and below)
- Breathe some of the freshest air in the world as you hike through stunning mountains, gorges and forests colored by rich autumn hues.
- Behold the stunning northern lights in one of the world's best places for spotting this mesmerizing natural phenomenon (if luck is on your side!)
- Discover insights into Sámi and Finnish culture.
- Meet resident reindeer and sled dogs, trek through the home of gnomes or relax in a sauna.
- Stay in secluded hotels with incredible regional charm and expansive glass walls, perfect for taking in the arctic skies at any time.
This is a newly announced tour that will run in September and October 2024.
2. Vietnam Multi-Adventure Tour (above and below)
- Bike along the Mekong River Delta, where meandering tributaries, rice fields, friendly locals, and some of Vietnam’s best riding awaits.
- Kayak on sapphire Halong Bay beneath towering limestone karsts and savor fresh Vietnamese seafood aboard your luxury yacht.
- Experience vibrant culture as you venture to a floating Mekong market, learn to cook in old-world Hoi An and be blessed by Buddhist monks.
- Hike varied landscapes, from sacred Yen Tu Mountain’s lush pagoda-strewn peaks to secluded Cat Ba Island’s jungle trails and villages.
3. Brenta Dolomites Walking and Hiking Tour (above and below)
- Hike pristine routes in the stunning Brenta Dolomites, the westernmost group of these remarkable limestone mountains in northern Italy.
- Hike to family-run trailside huts and savor dolomiti delicacies with a view.
- Experience the beauty of the dramatic Brenta-Adamello Natural Park, home to mesmerizing alpine lakes, forested trails and bustling streams.
- Experience a fascinating mix of Italian and Austrian influences through cultural customs, architecture and gastronomy.
- Unwind and unpack once at the stunning Lefay Dolomiti Resort & SPA—relax in one of the saunas or pools, or book a regenerative treatment.
4. Scottish Highlands Easygoing Walking Tour (above and below)
- Morning strolls and afternoon rambles in pristine Scottish landscapes, from The Cairngorms to Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Parks. There’s no better way to experience the Highlands.
- Discover ages-old footpaths and feel history come to life. Connect with locals over a spot of tea or a dram of Scotch whiskey. Explore the picturesque Perthshire town of Dunkeld.
- Savor dinners fit for royalty and the simple joys of a local pub. Off the trail, vacation at an impossibly charming family-run hotel, a seaside hotel in historic St Andrews and then a luxury resort on iconic Loch Lomond.
5. Martha's Vineyard & Nantucket Bike Tour (above and below)
- Circle Martha's Vineyard on two wheels, pedaling past scenic beaches, historic homes, woodland and cranberry bogs.
- Pedal over rolling hills to the red-clay cliffs of Aquinnah, with a 200-year-old lighthouse and panoramic views over the Elizabeth Islands.
- Explore Edgartown’s colonial roots, art galleries and spectacular architecture, not to mention plenty of ice cream shops.
- Bike around the island of Nantucket followed by a journey through maritime history at the Nantucket Shipwreck & Lifesaving Museum.
If you're ready to explore some of the best Back Roads tours, let us know by clicking the button below.
I love travel and I love travel planning just as much and I am proud to be building a team as passionate about exploring the world as myself. It took me a very long time to align my career with my undeniable passion for exploring, but now I and the team are here for you. Your personal travel tailors - award reservation and luxury custom itinerary experts. We provide a bespoke service, imagining and creating itineraries for independent minded families and groups.
Follow us on our travel adventures and stay up to date on the latest in the travel industry.