Every now and then I highlight one of our favorite suppliers, usually because I trust them so much with our clients that we need to shout about them and inform you of all the different options out there for your luxury travel planning needs.
For this week it was an easy decision, as 3 of the team (from left to right in the photo below) myself, Kendall and Morgan enjoyed a wonderful lunch with our Business Develpoment Manager at Abercrombie & Kent, Lisa Worksman along with A&K's John Round-Turner, Regional Sales and Marketing Director for East and Southern Africa. We renewed our connection and talked a lot of shop about new products. Despite Zoom becoming a new normal, it is always preferable for us to meet in person, there's just that extra energy involved that makes it so worthwhile. As I've stated many times before, probably the biggest advantage for you the client to use a Travel Advisor, is for the many, and I mean many connections we have. All so that your experience can be elevated.
A&K are most famous for their small group Africa tours all over the continent, but they have offices in 55 countries and their portfolio is spread all over the globe, always focused on exemplary client service and care.
Here's a Top 5 (out of 100's) of Abercrombie & Kent possibilities.
Top 5 - Abercrombie & Kent
1. Classic Kenya and Tanzania
1 NIGHT - NAIROBI
2 NIGHTS - AMBOSELI NATIONAL PARK (above)
2 NIGHTS - NGORONGORO CRATER
2 NIGHTS - SERENGETI NATIONAL PARK
3 NIGHTS - MASAI MARA NATIONAL RESERVE (below)
DAY BY DAY ITINERARY
1. Arrive at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, meet the A&K Guardian Angel and overnight in Nairobi.
2. Drive to Amboseli National Park, close to the Tanzanian border. Arrive at the lodge in time for lunch and an afternoon game drive.
3. Head out on morning and afternoon game drives in Amboseli and capture the perfect Kilimanjaro shot. In the afternoon visit the a school supported by the Abercrombie & Kent Philanthropy Project: Safe Water For Schools.
4. Do a morning game drive out of the park to the Namanga Border. Here you will cross over into Tanzania and you will be met by the Tanzania guide and drive onto Karatu for the night.
5. Today, game drive in the Ngorongoro Crater - known as the Garden of Eden & the best place to see black rhino in Tanzania.
6. Drive to the Serengeti National Park in the morning, enjoy a picnic lunch on the way to maximise the time in the park.
7. Set out on further game drives in this amazing landscape. Keep a sharp lookout for the elusive predators like leopards and cheetahs.
8. Fly across the border into the Masai Mara National Reserve. Immigration formalities are done at Tarime and Migori. Arrive at the lodge in time for lunch and an afternoon game drive.
9 & 10. Embark on morning and afternoon game drives in the Masai Mara.
11. Catch the flight back to Nairobi and the onwards international flight home.
2. Botswana - Delta & Makgadikgadi Escape
3 NIGHTS - OKAVANGO DELTA Vumbura Plains
3 NIGHTS - OKAVANGO DELTA Eagle Island (above)
3 NIGHTS - MAKGADIKGADI Jack’s Camp (below)
DAY BY DAY ITINERARY
1. Arrive at Maun International Airport, depart on a shared light aircraft flight to the camp airstrip, transfer to the camp and overnight.
2 & 3. The day is at leisure to enjoy the camp activities.
4. Transfer to the airstrip, for your shared light aircraft flight to the next camp airstrip, transfer to the camp and overnight.
5 & 6. The day is at leisure to enjoy the camp activities.
7 Transfer to the airstrip, for your shared light aircraft flight to the Makgadikgadi airstrip, transfer to the camp and overnight.
8 & 9. The day is at leisure to enjoy the camp activities.
10 Transfer to airstrip, for your shared light aircraft flight to Maun International Airport for your onward journey and flight.
3. Luxury European Canal Barge Cruises (above)
Step aboard a very comfortable canal barge, a floating country inn where you enjoy gourmet food and wine every day while only having to unpack once. Relax on deck as the lovely scenery flows by, or borrow a bicycle for a serene pedal along the towpath.
The stylish canal barges A&K select each ply their own distinct routes through Europe's most popular cruising regions: Burgundy & the Upper Loire; Provence and the South of France; Alsace, Champagne & the Moselle; and even Ireland, Scotland & England. Below is the Magna Carta which sails on the River Thames with a capacity of 8 guests.
4. Jordan & Petra
Romantic Jordan teems with historical treasures, and on an A&K vacation here, explore iconic sites - including magnificent Petra (above) - in unqualified comfort and style. Remnants of Greco-Roman cities and biblical landmarks make the rest of the journey to this ancient land a rewarding one. Jordan's main attraction is the "rose-red city" of Petra, a stunning architectural masterpiece carved out from a mountain range by the Nabataeans in the third century BC. Discover the history and architecture of these ruins and many others alongside knowledgeable guides. You'll also look beyond Petra: discover Jerash, the "Pompeii of the Middle East," and visualize its splendor as you walk amid well-preserved Roman relics. Explore exciting Amman, Jordan's political, cultural and commercial hub. Then venture into Wadi Rum (below) to experience the Bedouin lifestyle when you join locals for tea, or float in the Dead Sea and bathe in its healing salts and minerals.
Sample the very best of epic Jordan on 1 of 5 itineraries A&K curates to Petra and beyond.
5. Mongolia (above and below)
Mongolia is very close to the top of my personal bucket list, though I still need to learn to ride a horse because I really want to trek with a nomadic tribe of herdsmen. Seriously.
Meanwhile, untamed and untrodden, Mongolia awaits me and enchants with wide-open plains, a friendly and proud people, and the lore of one of the world's greatest empires. You can explore this stark and sparsely populated land which feels unchanged from the days of the great Genghis Khan through a few A&K options.
Mongolia's landscape is striking and rugged, dotted with timeworn Buddhist monasteries. Upon the vast expanse of the rolling steppes and Gobi Desert, nomadic herdsmen — nearly half the population - still live in gers, and as a traveller with A&K, you too can overnight in this unique type of accommodation. Meet Mongolia's herdsmen as well throughout the journey, learning firsthand about an ancient and disappearing way of life.
If you are ready to learn more about all things Abercrombie & Kent or are ready to start planning your next vacation let us know by clicking the button below.
I love travel and I love travel planning just as much and I am proud to be building a team as passionate about exploring the world as myself. It took me a very long time to align my career with my undeniable passion for exploring, but now I and the team are here for you. Your personal travel tailors - award reservation and luxury custom itinerary experts. We provide a bespoke service, imagining and creating itineraries for independent minded families and groups.
Follow along on our travel adventures and stay up to date on the latest happenings in the travel industry..